This second generation model shows lots of balance and oversight in its design than most other three-row seat SUVs do. The brand new 2017 Audi Q7 implements better styling specs, and the makers have reduced the body weight of its platform and chassis design this time around.
As far as its performance is concerned, Audi has brought out a brand new hybrid plug-in variant as well, along with much improved standard powertrain configuration. Its detailed interior design is certain to catch eyeball sand an optional rear wheel drive setup is a definite upgrade for SUV customers.
Engine Details and Specifications
2017 Audi Q7 will feature 2 separate engine options to go with their new design changes. Out of these 2 choices, only one will feature a hybrid plug-in option so that SUV customers can make a seasoned shift to alternative fuel sources, without losing out on the luxury SUV experience.
- Its first and standard engine comprise of a 3.0-liter Supercharged V6 unit that can generate around 333 HP of power, along with 325 lb-ft of max torque.
- Alongside its 3.0-liter engine, 2017 Audi Q7 will also feature a 2.0-liter Turbocharged inline 4-cylinder unit that produces a max power of 258 HP along with a torque of around 236 lb-ft. A plug-in electric motor has been added to it as well, to implement the hybrid unit.
Performance and Fuel Economy
Both these engine options will be mated with an 8-speed automatic transmission module to generate the best performance for 2017 Audi Q7. There are rumors which suggest that its hybrid system might get an optional transmission module during later stages of its release.
Fuel economy ratings look pretty impressive, especially when the engine choices are combined with its all-wheel drivetrain setup:
- For the standard 3.0-liter engine, EPA ratings are 19 mpg in city drive, 25 mpg in highway drive and 21 mpg combined.
- For its hybrid plug-in 2.0-liter variant, figures are better – 21 mpg in city, 28 mpg on highway drive and 23 mpg combined.
2017 Audi Q7 Design Upgrades and Features
Just like other premium luxury SUVs, new Audi Q7 offers multiple packages and optional upgrades which are certain to impress its customers. A lot of new improvements are available as standard from the German automaker, some of which include:
- Audi’s latest Multimedia Interface (MMI) which offers better driver assistance systems.
- Its trademark hexagonal grille design has been updated with a sleek LED coverage.
- Its instrument panel has been minimized, and a large touchscreen infotainment module displays all relevant information.
- Interior decor has been revamped, with plush leather upholstery and better cabin seats.
All optional upgrades and installments are widely distributed across 3 different packages that 2017 Q7 is offering:
- Premium Plus
Price and Release
2017 Audi Q7 has only released its standard powertrain till now, so the price of its hybrid plug-in is not yet known. All three trim variants are available at a base of around $54,800. At present, Volvo XC90 and Land Rover LR4 stand as its nearest competitors.