The brand new 2017 BMW X1 is following the footsteps of its predecessors. Once again, this franchise has come up with an excellent subcompact SUV that raises the bar for all entry-level crossover vehicles. Considering its design and makeover, it has turned out to be quite different from its earlier models.
What is new in this 2017 model? Well, BMW has officially announced that this new X1 will have an entirely different platform design when compared to other X models. In addition to that, it will offer a better fuel economy.
2017 BMW X1 is going to come out with only a single engine configuration. However, official sources have confirmed that it will install several driving modes that would optimize the performance of this SUV under different circumstances.
Talking about its engine, this model will incorporate a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline 4-cylinder setup combined with direct injected fuel technology. This unit can generate an impressive output, with a max power of 228 HP, as well as around 258 lb-ft of max torque.
Additional performance specs for 2017 BMW X1 are:
- Impressive acceleration potential, generating 0-60 MPH in just 6.4 seconds.
- Available in both front wheel drive and all-wheel drive train configurations.
- Associated with 8-speed automatic transmission module.
- New Dynamic driving control setup, which includes 3 separate driving settings.
Fuel Economy and Driving Settings
Fuel economy in 2017 BMW X1 is really impressive for a subcompact SUV. Even though its all-wheel drivetrain configuration slightly reduces the figures, its front-wheel drive train setup shows great potential for EPA ratings.
For front wheel drive setup, it offers an EPA rating of 23 mpg in city drive, 32 mpg in highway drive, thus making 26 MPG on combined basis. Its all-wheel drive setup reduces the figures to 22 mpg in city drive, 31 mpg in highway drive and 25 mpg on combined basis.
As far as the dynamic driving settings for 2017 BMW X1 are concerned, officials have stated that 3 separate modes will be available:
- Eco Pro
2017 BMW X1 Assortment of Design
Exterior design changes in this new BMW X1 2017 are quite varied compared to other BMW models. The platform has been redesigned to put a lot of focus on its cabin size and overall aerodynamic shape. It also features a twin kidney grille on its front fascia, with new LED headlamps and sculpting tail lights.
Additional interior changes include:
- A brand new 8.8 inch LCD touch interface for infotainment purpose
- Modified instrument panel with lit gauge clusters and a new heads-up display module
- Better cargo space and improved passenger leg and head room
- Premium styling and utility packages have been added as an optional purchase to revamp and customize the appearance of this vehicle.
Price and Release Date
2017 BMW X1 is available for a base of $35,000, although additional performance and utility packages will cost extra. This model is already available in the market and having a great response from its buyers. It is hoped that the model will also have a deep impact on global automobile market. Lexus NX and Infiniti QX30 will provide stiff competition to this German SUV.