The compact luxury SUV market is pretty overcrowded with the availability of premium automobile brands in the US. BMW X3 has been a long running franchise in this market. So despite all adversities and competition, they are still going strong with their latest addition, as 2017 BMW X3. This new four-door SUV has already created a huge buzz among customers and auto reviewers.
It brings out a very reliable combination of luxury, comfort and style that resonates with many luxury brand SUV customers. In addition to that, it also offers improved powertrain options that really upgrades previous versions. Additional performance and technology packages are the greatest attraction of this new model.
2017 BMW X3 Design
Some significant design changes will take place in BMW X3 2017. While some newer upgrades are available as part of additional performance or entertainment packages for this model, certain standard features have been improved as well.
- BMW’s infotainment module, iDrive has been improved significantly for better voice recognition and new 3D navigation maps.
- Several new safety features have been added, with an additional Safety package to the base model.
- Twin, circular headlamps with optional LED upgrade, is available, with BMW’s trademark kidney-shaped grille design on the front.
- Comfortable interior with improved cabin structure and space is also crucial to note.
2017 BMW X3 offers a versatile and effective powertrain configuration for its customers. It comes with two different gasoline powered engine choices, along with a chance of another Turbo diesel engine.
- The standard engine is a 0-liter turbocharged inline 4-cylinders setup that can produce around 240 HP and 260 lb-ft of max torque.
- An optional 3.0-liter turbocharged inline 6-cylinders powertrain is also available for customers. It can generate around 300 HP and 320 lb-ft of max torque.
- Both these engine options are available with an 8-speed automatic transmission for maximum power delivery to the engine.
Available Trims and Fuel Economy
2017 BMW X3 is available in 4 different trims for customers. This is based on the type of drivetrain configuration since both rear wheel drive and all-wheel drive train configurations are available for customers around US.
- The sDrive 28i and xDrive 28i are for its standard engine, with rear and all-wheel drive respectively.
- The sDrive 35i and xDrive 35i are available for its optional turbo 6 engine, with rear and all-wheel drive respectively.
Fuel economy figures look quite decent of this new 2017 BMW X3, considering its luxury compact SUV branding. Its standard setup, along with all-wheel drive configurations yields an impressive EPA rating of 21 mpg in city roads, 28 mpg on highways and 24 mpg on combined basis. Talking about its turbocharged inline engine variant, it offers EPA rating 19/26/21 mpg for city/highway/combined drive respectively.
Price and Release Date
2017 BMW X3 is already released in selected dealerships across the US in the last weeks of December. It will be available worldwide by mid-February, 2017. As of its price, the base model is available at $39,250, while the higher trim costs around $47,950.