It is very hard to categorize this all-new 2017 BMW X4 in any automobile category. Experts cannot really say whether it represents a coupe, a tail wagon or a sedan. However, due to previous X4 models as well as some startling similarities with others, the SUV category seems right.
This new model comes with a much-tapered roofline to produce a unique body cabin. This has resulted in less interior space, which might be a concern for some buyers. Still, the finished product looks great, with its impressive performance specs and unique styling changes.
2017 BMW X4 has an impressive powertrain line-up as far as its own franchise goes. Two unique and separate engine options are available for customers, and both come in an all-wheel drive configuration as BMW’s own xDrive unit.
- Its base engine is a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline 4-cylinders setup can produce around 240 HP of max power, along with 260 lb-ft of max torque.
- An optional 3.0-liter turbocharged inline 6-cylinders unit is also available for an upgrade which delivers an impressive power to this vehicle. It can generate almost 355 HP of max power and 343 lb-ft of max torque.
EPA Ratings and Its Performance
Both these engine options for 2017 BMW X4 are mated with an 8-speed automatic transmission module. Its base engine offers an acceleration of 0-60 mph in just 6 seconds, with a top speed of 130 mph. Its optional power unit is much faster though, making 0-60 in just 4.7 seconds.
Fuel consumption rates for its standard configuration are pretty impressive, but data for its optional engine is still not available. For its standard power train, EPA ratings for city drive stands at 20 mpg, 27 mpg highway, and 23 mpg combined.
Changes Made in Its Design
There had to be some compromises regarding the lowered roofline of 2017 BMW X4 as far as its design upgrades are concerned. However, the finished product looks pretty amazing when it comes to all the added features. BMW has also revealed additional packages for better looks, and sportier performance.
- Rear fascia has been modified to a more sleek and curvy look, thus improving the aerodynamic stability of the vehicle.
- Adaptive LED head lights and a modified grille design mark the front fascia.
- Keyless entry, sports steering and premium interior packaging are also included.
- Two separate packages – M Sport and xLine are available for additional customization.
- Brand new and wide LED screen forms the infotainment module for BMW’s iDrive.
- Optional touch controls for iDrive is available with an iDrive
2017 BMW X4 Pricing and Availability
BMW X4 has a varied price range due to lots of additional customization packages offered by BMW. Its standard inline 4 power train model is available for $45,500, while its higher trim inline 6 powertrain model comes at $58,100.
All models of 2017 BMW X4 are going to be released in the first quarter of 2017 in the US. Porsche Macan, Jaguar F-Pace and Audi SQ5 are likely to present stiff competition in the auto market.