BMW has finally come with a super fast SUV that can rival even its most luxurious competitor in the market. The brand new 2017 BMW X5M is a luxurious and premium upgrade on its base X5 model. It comes with a brand new powertrain option that is available exclusively to this model.
Not only that, this 2017 X5M model offers stunning visuals, everyday practical driving specs, as well as an aggressively designed interior cabin. It resembles a sports sedan much more than its predecessors – in its fast accelerating powertrain and an aggressive exterior look. Unlike other BMW models, it is only available in an all-wheel drivetrain configuration.
This 2017 BMW X5M is basically a flagship model for BMW to finish their 2017 SUV line-up. So it is quite natural that it will showcase its own unique engine. It features a 4.4-liter turbocharged V8 configuration, coupled with an all-wheel drive setup.
It generates around 567 HP of max power, as well as 553 lbs.-feet of max torque. Additional performance specs include an 8-speed STEPTRONIC transmission module with launch controls. Acceleration is pretty fast, as this vehicle clocks 0-60 MPH in just 4 seconds.
BMW X5M is not very good when it comes to its EPA ratings. However, this is to be expected from a premium brand SUV. Still, its figures are perfectly on par with some of its competitors – estimating at 14 MPG for city drive. It also estimates 19 MPH in highway drive, thus making 16 MPG for a combined setup.
Since 2017 BMW X5M is a flagship premium model from its manufacturers, customers can certainly expect some new premium features that are exclusive to this model. This vehicle is available in a single trim variant, offering a slew of improved and new features.
- Brand new 21-inch aluminium cast wheels, with sports tuned adaptive
- Special M type brakes with new adaptive Xenon head lights and LED fog lamps.
- Panoramic sunroof, with new power lift gate and quad-zone climate control.
- Improved cabin technology with new iDrive infotainment module and a rear view camera.
- Improved navigation system with wireless connectivity and smartphone
- A brand new 2-inch touch screen central console with a premium 16 speakers Harman Kardon audio system.
2017 BMW X5M comes with multiple customization packages that introduce premium quality additions to the base equipment. The available packages for this model are:
- Driver Assistance Package is aimed directly at improving safety features.
- Executive Package is available for additional exterior and interior styling upgrades.
- Driver Assistance Plus Package introduces top of the line safety equipment.
2017 BMW X5M Competition
This is a tough market as far as premium SUV options for 2017 are concerned. Here are a few top competitors that this model has to look out for: 2017 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 2017 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE63.
Price and Release
This current model of 2017 BMW X5M is available at selected dealerships of BMW all across the US at a base MSRP of $110,000. Additional packages cost extra on its base price.