2017 Dodge Durango sits somewhere between a car-like crossover and body-on-frame SUV. Nonetheless, it is a luxury family hauler that comes with a redefined styling with hints of muscle car-like stance.
This new Dodge Durango offers 6 trim levels to bring different flavors of driving enjoyment. These trims include:
- Citadel Anodized Platinum
- Special Service
2017 Dodge Durango offers 2 powertrain options for different outputs.
- The 1st engine (base) is a 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 which now integrates a lightweight design with dual overhead camshafts. This engine produces 295 HP, 260 lb-ft of torque and is rated to tow 6,200 lbs. Figures of fuel economy go as 19 mpg city, 26 mpg highway and 20 mpg combined.
- The 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine is available for more brawny performance and comes as optional. This mill produces 390 lb-ft of torque and 360 HP; towing capacity reaches up to a whopping 7,400 lbs. With the use of Fuel Saver Technology, Variable Valve Timing and 8-speed automatic transmission, fuel economy reaches up to 17 mpg city, 22 mpg highway and 16 mpg combined.
2017 Dodge Durango Exterior
2017 Durango looks nothing sort of a typical family hauler as the overall exterior design is much sporty. Changes start with the front fascia as the grille, headlights and air vents in the front bumper have received chrome treatments.
The grille now looks sharp as it wears a sporty mesh pattern and the projector headlights integrate LED strips (daytime running lights) at the bottom. The headlights have been revised with features like Automatic High-Beam Control and auto-leveling.
Similarly, the tail lamps take inspiration from Dodge muscle cars as it incorporates 192 individual LEDs to form one seamless ribbon of red light.
Several exterior colors are in option as well. These colors include:
- Vice White Tri-Coat Pearl
- White Knuckle Clear Coat
- Stout Brown Metal
- Bomber Brown
- Blue By You Pear Coat
- Octane Red
- Granite Metallic
The interior cabin comes updated with plush cloth seats and 3-zone automatic temperature control as standard. The steering wheel now features an array of controls including paddle shifters, speed control, phone commands and instrument cluster controls.
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd offers accommodation for 7 people their spit functions allow set-up of 50 different configurations. Driver’s gauge cluster is also revised and displays data for vehicle status, fuel economy and warning indicators.
Safety and Packages
2017 Dodge Durango is infested with revised safety technologies for both driver and passenger protection. Standard safety features include:
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Electronic Stability Control
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution
- Ready Alert Braking
- Rain Brake Support
- Adaptive Cruise Control (with Stop)
- UConnect Roadside Assistance
The trims selection doesn’t suffice personalization in 2017 Durango as customers can choose from different packages:
- Blacktop Package
- Brass Monkey Appearance Package
Competitors and Price
2017 Dodge Durango competes against the likes of Jeep Grand Cherokee, KIA Sorento, Volkswagen Touareg, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and Ford Edge. As to pricing, SXT starts at $29,995, SXT Plus starts at $32,195, GT starts at $37,495, Citadel starts at $41,395, 2017 Dodge Durango R/T starts at $42,0905 and Citadel Anodized Platinum starts at $42,490.