The new 2017 Lincoln MKC is aimed right at the center of compact luxury crossover market. This model performs with verve, wows with spacious inner cabin and creates a striking impression by a pronounced exterior styling.
For 2017 generation, the new Lincoln MKC comes with 4 different trims which wear respective price tags. Starting off, there’s the base Premiere which starts at $32,000, Select starts from $35,000, Reserve starts at $39,000 and the range-topping Black Label $45,000.
2017 Lincoln MKC Specs
What’s interesting is that there’s not just one but two powertrain options for 2017 Lincoln MKC. The first one (base) is a 2.0-liter GTDI 4-cylinder engine. Its coupled with a 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission to produce 240 HP of power at 5,500 RPM and 270 lb-ft of torque at 3,000 RPM.
With FWD, EPA ratings of this powertrain stay at 21 mpg city, 28 highway and 23 combined. These figures drop to 19/25/22 mpg for city/highway/combined with AWD. Max towing capacity delivered by this mill checks at 3,000 lbs.
The second engine (optional) is a 2.3-liter inline 4. This variant also uses the same 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission to deliver 285 HP at 5,500 RPM and 305 lb-ft at 2,750 RPM. This engine doesn’t offer the option of FWD and fuel economy with AWD stays at 18 mpg city, 25 mpg highway and 21 mpg combined.
Further details of both of these engines go:
- Cylinder head material – Cast Aluminum
- Engine block type – Die Cast Aluminum
- Exhaust – Dual outlets with polished tips
- Fuel delivery – High-pressure direct injection
- Valve lifters – Direct-acting mechanical bucket
2017 Lincoln MKC features several tweaks on the chassis which contribute to enhanced performance. The details of chassis are as follows:
- Front shocks – Twin-tube hydraulic gas-pressurized shocks
- Rear Shocks – Mono-tube hydraulic gas-pressurized shocks (optional Lincoln Drive Control with Continuously Controlled Damping)
- Front Suspension – Independent MacPherson strut-type with stabilizer bar
- Rear Suspension – Fully independent multi-link with progressive rate springs and stabilizer bar
- Steering – EPAS (Electric power-assisted steering)
- Brakes – Power 4-wheel disc with RSC (Roll Stability Control) and ABS
Exterior and Interior
Design wise, 2017 Lincoln MKC makes a solid statement of purpose against the likes of Acura RDX, Cadillac XT5 and Audi Q5. As a whole, the revisited design makes up for standard-issue crossover styling themes. This model’s overall body size looks compact and well-proportioned. Therefore measurement of dimensions goes:
- Length – 179.2 inches
- Height – 65.2 inches
- Width – 76.3 inches
- Front Track – 62.4 inches
- Rear Track – 62.5 inches
- Wheelbase – 105.9 inches
Lincoln signature styling is most prominent on the front fascia as it wears the iconic wing-shaped grille. Down below, the air intake has grown in size and the bumper holds a minimalistic skid plate.
The interior cabin of this 2017 MKC is designed under the theme “Elegant Artistry.” The cabin boasts of glossy wood with a matte finish and bright metal accents. For what it’s worth, the overall cabin styling looks more organic rather than computer generated. The dashboard features oblong wood trims which outline the AC vents.
As to safety of 2017 Lincoln MKC, features like Rear Cross Traffic, Bind Spot Monitoring, Forward Collision Alert, Parking Assist and Rear-view camera come standard on higher trims.