Nissan Patrol is deeply tied with the Japanese automaker’s historical roots as it is undoubtedly one of the most versatile and reliable 4×4 available. For marking the prominence of a new generation, 2017 Nissan Patrol brings an improved styling and performance on the table.
There are 2 options for powertrain of Nissan Patrol 2017 which is the 4.0-liter V6 and a 5.6 liter V8. The first engine (base) comes standard and churns out 275 hp at 5,600 rpm and 290 lb-ft torque at 4,000 rpm. With improved engine outputs, EPA ratings check out at 22 mpg city, 25 mpg highways and 23 mpg combined. The second engine, 5.6-liter gasoline burner doesn’t hesitate to produce 400 hp at 5,800 rpm and 413 lb-ft torque at 4,000 rpm. Fuel economy of this engine stay close to 23 mpg city, 26 mpg highways and 24 mpg combined.
Both of these engines use a 7-speed automatic transmission which also offers a Manual Mode for analog shifting. This model’s all-wheel drive integrates Hydraulic Body Motion Control system which engages all the 4 wheel’s independent suspensions actively for a better stability and driving pleasure.
Borrowing the signature styling of its predecessor, the new 2017 Nissan Patrol adds up several new design cues. These new add-ons are most prominent on the front fascia as the grille wears a bold new look with chrome-accented horizontal slats. Some of the major exterior features include:
• LED headlights and taillights–both the front and rear lights integrate LEDs for versatility. The headlights feature daytime running lights along with HID projectors. There’s even a pop-up headlamp washer at the bottom.
• Alloy Wheels–this new Nissan Patrol rides on a 20-inch machining-cut aluminum alloy wheels which use all-season tires.
• Side air-intake vent–the front fenders incorporate small air-intake vents which are enclosed in chrome finishers.
• Roof rails–this SUV’s sporty roof rails can be maximized on functionality by opting for the optional roof cargo rails.
Likewise, the measurement for overall exterior dimensions goes: length 5165 mm, height 1940 mm, width 2265 mm, wheelbase 3075 mm.
2017 Nissan Patrol Interior
The interior cabin of Nissan Patrol 2017 has undergone revisions and benefits from an increased space. As the wheelbase is increased, the 3rd-row seats get plenty of head room and leg space. All seats have adjustable head rests which add up comfort.
Another improvement in this cabin is noise insulation as the door panels and windshield incorporate microfiber insulation. Nissan has used wood trims in the steering wheel, dashboard and center console which add sophistication.
This new Nissan Patrol is advanced on safety technology as well. Some of the standard features include:
• Distance Control Assist
• Intelligent Cruise Control
• Forward Collision Warning
• Active Head Restraints
• Crash-sensitive Door Unlock
• Back-up Collision Intervention
• Lane Departure Warning (and Prevention)
Pricing and Competitors
The new 2017 Nissan Patrol starts at $52,000 for XE, $60,000 for SE, $65,000 for SE (leather) and $71,000 for SE Platinum. Competition for this 2017 Patrol are from the likes of Toyota Land Cruiser and Range Rover Evoque.