There are compact SUVs and then there’s Subaru Crosstrek. Being one of the most popular compact SUVs in the US, this model has entered a new generation as 2017 Subaru Crosstrek XV. This 2017 model can be had in 2 different trims; 2017 Subaru Crosstrek Limited and 2017 Subaru Crosstrek Platinum.
There’s one engine for 2017 Subaru Crosstrek XV which is common to both trims; the 2.0-liter 4-cylinder mill. Outputs of this engine go as 148 HP at 6,200 RPM and 145 lb-ft of torque at 4,200 RPM. Unlike most conventional powertrains, this 2.0-liter inline 4 has a horizontal layout of the cylinder as opposed to a vertical arrangement. This, according to Subaru officials, helps improving fuel efficiency as the engine’s overall weight is decreased.
This engine offers options for both CVT automatic and 5-speed manual transmission with the availability of all-wheel drive. As far as fuel economy goes, the figures stay at 23 mpg in city, 30 mpg on highways and 26 mpg on a combined scale.
2017 Subaru Crosstrek XV Exterior Features
With several design revisions on the exterior body, 2017 Crosstrek XV boasts its capabilities with a modern styling.
- Ground-clearance – This new Crosstrek XV boasts 8.7-inches of ground clearancewhich caters great off-road performance. 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels come standard on the base model.
- Integrated roof rails – Sporty roof rails come standard which opens up additional cargo-carrying capability. Buyers can even integrate Subaru accessory attachments for adding up versatility.
- Multi-functioning lights – The headlights have undergone revisions and are multifunctional. These headlights integrate HID projectors, LED daytime running lights and turn signals.
- Color options – This model can be bought in several color options. The options include – Quartz Blue Pearl, Crystal White Pearl, Ice Silver Metallic, Hyper Blue, Desert Khaki and Dark Gray Metallic.
Just like the exterior, the interior cabin of 2017 Subaru XV sports radical improvements. Interior cabin features of this new Subaru Crosstrek include:
- Comfort – Comfort is a high priority in this cabin as the seats integrate heating and power reclining. The dash and center console wears premium soft-touch materials.
- Subaru STARLINK Multimedia – 2017 Crosstrek is high on entertainment. The STARLINK Multimedia system features apps like Aha and Pandora and supports access to audiobooks, podcasts, music, weather, food, navigation, news and lot more. Both iOS and Android devices are compatible with this multimedia system.
- Siri Eyes Free – This is a voice control system which syncs with the Subaru STARLINK allows the driver to select music, make and receive calls by voice activation.
- Keyless Access – Buyers can opt for the push button start feature which comes as optional. Remote keyless access allows lock/unlocking of entry doors.
Safety features in modern vehicles is a growing concern and Subaru seem to be well aware of this. 2017 Crosstrek hosts some safety features including:
- Electronic Stability Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Backup Camera
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Driveline Traction Control
- Safety Belt Pre-tensioners
Competitors and Price
The 2017 Subaru Crosstrek XV comes in direct competition with Mazda CX-5, Nissan Rogue, Ford Escape and Honda CR-V. As to pricing, Premium starts at $22,000 and Limited starts at $25,000.