Coming as a sole model (with no other trims), 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser is majestic on both style and performance. Its grand design language proudly accentuates its ripped capabilities for both on-road and off-road driving.
Under the hood of this new 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser is a 5.7-liter DOHC V8 engine which doesn’t hesitate to churn out an exhilarating 401 lb-ft. torque at 3,600 rpm and 381 hp at 5,600 rpm. This engine incorporates VVT-i (Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence).Other specific features that contribute to performance are:
- Transmission – 8-speed ECT-i (Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission with Intelligence), sequential shift mode with uphill/downhill logic.
- Drivetrain – All-wheel drive with Torsen limited-slip center differential and A-TRAC (Active Traction Control)
- Fuel Economy – 13 mpg city/ 18 mpg highways/ 15 mpg combined
- Emissions –ULEV; Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II
- Ignition System –Toyota Direct Ignition, Electronic
- Steering – Power-assisted rack-and-pinion, variable gear ratio with vehicle speed sensing
- Suspension –Independent double-wishbone with stabilizer bar and coil spring (front); 4-link type with stabilizer bar, coil springs and semi-floating axle (rear)
- Brakes – Power-assisted 4-piston (front, 2-piston ventilated discs (rear)
- Chassis – Unitized steel body (10-member steel ladder frame)
As 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser is a combination of capability and luxury which is reflected on its exterior styling.Its bold statement is encompassed by a mean front fascia as the headlights are robust. These headlights stretch backward to wrap around the front fenders. The radiator grille is of hexagonal type and integrates 3 chrome slats.
Down below, fog lights in the front bumper have chrome housings which go well with the bumper’s styling. The hood incorporates dramatic creases which make up for better aerodynamics. There are sporty roof rails up top which allow extra cargo capability.
Rearwards, the taillights have increased in size and integrate LED clusters. The rear bumper is clean and house two stop lights. The rear overhang is modest and gives a stylistic impression to the tailgate.
2017 Toyota Land Cruiser Interior and Safety
This new Toyota SUV’s interior cabin is largely a carry-over of its predecessor.The steering wheel holds leather upholstery, heating function and integrated controls. Revisions have been done on the driver’s gauge cluster as the TFT display has a new layout.
Seats in this cabin boasts comfort as they are leather-trimmed, ventilated and incorporate multi-stage heating. The front seats even feature 10-way power reclining for utmost convenience. Toyota has also revised the infotainment system with intuitive controls. Other features of fascination in this cabin include 4-zone automatic climate control,rear seat DVD entertainment and smartphone integration.
As to safety, 2017 Land Cruiser is as secure as it could ever be. Some of the standard safety features of this SUV include – Multi-terrain Monitor, Pre-Collision System, Auto High Beams, Lane Departure Alert and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
Price and Competition
This new 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser price is starting at $84,500 and competes with the likes of 2017 Land Rover Range Rover, 2017 Toyota Sequoia, 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLS and 2017 Lexus LX.