First introduced into the World Market by KIA in 2002, 2018 Kia Sorento offers a perfect blend to buyers looking for a reliable crossover without spending bulks of cash. Its utility-rugged looks make it one of KIA’s most trustable 4×4 in this price range. Expect this South-Korean company to make this SUV available in 3 variants namely LX, EX and SX. Sources say minor changes would take place in the new Sorento.
Engine and Powertrain
Providing a couple of trims Kia Sorento 2018 should come with a 2.4 liter 16 valve l-4 engine and a 3.3-liter VOHC 24-valve V6 engine. The 2.4 liter would generate 185 HP of power with 190 lb-ft of torque. Its V6 variant should yield 270 HP of power with 282 lb-ft of torque. It will have a Gasoline Injection System with EPA ratings of 28 mpg on highways and 21 mpg in cities.
2018 Kia Sorento exterior
Sorento is likely to get HID headlamps and Projector Beam Headlights with Auto-Leveling features. Expect lower air intakes to be coupled with fog lamps. Both fitted to a Tiger-Nose grille with KIA badging placed above it. A 4-door SUV it comprises a hands-free remote operated tailgate. The sleek roof rails improve aerodynamics and ergonomics. Kia Sorento 2018 should feature standard 19-inch aluminum wheels with P235/65HR17 tires both at the front and rear.
- 3-row seating capacity of 5 to 7 passengers will be available with the last row being more apt for children with ample leg room in all its rows.
- Nappa leather makes up the interior which fits0-inchtouchscreen infotainment system with 10speaker Infiniti Audio System, Android Auto smartphone sync, Apple CarPlay, hands-free calls and voice commands.
- 14-way adjustable driver’sseat, heated steering, dual-zone climate control comes with UVO eServices technology.
- KIA would gift its Sorento with a moonroof, power sunroof and an all-round panoramic cabin view.
- Standard boot space accounts for 142 liters whilefolding the 3rd row gives 605 liters. On top of it folding the second-row curves out 1,662 liters at the rear of Kia Sorento 2018.
Safety of the 2018 Kia Sorento
KIA boasts of safety with its rear view park assist camera, a bird’s eye display, surround view monitor, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert and adaptive cruise control. Sorento also includes Lane Departure warning, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking and a three prong power outlet. With ABS and EBD as standard, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Hill Start Assist and Side Impact Door Beams are also speculated to be coming.
Competition, Price and Release Date
Sources say that Ford Edge, Jeep Wrangler and Nissan Murano would be direct competitors. Volkswagen Touareg, Dodge Durango and Hyundai Santa Fe Sport could lock horns with it. If 2018 Kia Sorento decides to release its speculated high end powertrain. It is likely to be released all over the world around early 2018 and is likely to have a price bracket of $25,000 to $50,000.