Expected to be released at the Detroit auto show, Ford has decided to unveil their new 2018 Lincoln MKX. With a host of new changes, this concept inspired vehicle has already started production in China. Potential buyers looking a mid-sized crossover SUV are presented with an array of options including the new V6 engines and attractive styling.
With a seating capacity of 5 passengers, the MKX competes with Lincoln MKC, also from Ford’s stable. The two resemble each other regarding materials used for interiors and gear selectors. MKC offers lesser room especially in the rear and MKX has got an ample boot space compared to its smaller sibling.
Engine and Powertrain
With both FWD and AWD options for a pleasant ride, 2018 Lincoln MKX primarily features a 2.7 liters EcoBoost V6 engine. The twin turbocharged engine also featured in Ford F-150, is capable of producing 335 HP and 380 lb-ft of torque. The current version 3.7 liters engine can produce 303 HP flat and 278 lb-ft of torque. These will be coupled with a 6-speed auto transmission.
Lincoln has aimed at improving the fuel efficiency of its MKX and MKC models. This new paradigm of MKX is going to get a combined fuel economy of 24 mpg, although Lincoln has barely managed to make it to 20 mpg for the current MKX.
2018 Lincoln MKX Redesign
The latest version Lincoln MKX has been borrowing much from Ford’s Edge regarding exterior design. The new Lincoln MKX 2018, however, features new sets of grilles and bumpers typical to MKX. A list of changes set to be included is:
• Split-wing grilles with LED DRLs.
• Sloping rooftop with improved aerodynamics.
• LED daytime running lights.
• Dynamic character line with angular rear for better suspension and streamline shape for better performance.
Overall, the 2018 Lincoln MKX won’t differ much from its present version in terms of exterior designs only with curvier edges and one hugeset to choose from. As opposed to its MKC sibling, MKX is slightly longer by about 10 inches.
The Lincoln MKX 2018 features an all new interior which is both comfortable and stylish. The front and rear leather upholstered seats are meant to provide more comfort. Driving mode selectors are added to the new steering wheels apart from other controls. Infotainment system is managed by MyLincoln interface on SYNC system which borrows features from MyFord program. Other features that can be expected inside MKX are:
• Advanced climate control with heated power-adjustable front/rear seats.
• All round parking cameras and anti-collision assistance.
• Aluminium and wooden linings at all touch-up points.
• Safety features include lane departure intervention managing and collision warning with cross traffic signaling.
• Ventilated designed leather upholstered seats which are removable to provide cargo space.
• Complete entertainment is guaranteed by custom large screens with voice assist and a 10-speaker based surround sound.
Pricing and Release Dates
Posting strong competition to Range Rovers, the 2018 Lincoln MKX is estimated to be priced at $40,000 for the base EcoBoost model which might go higher for higher trims. This model awaits a late 2017 release.