With plans for acomplete redesign in every way, Mercedes is aiming to hit it big with its new GLS. Comparatively a much new model, 2018 Mercedes Benz GLS will be its 3rd vehicle down the line. This German Automobile company claims of dominance in the SUV crossover market with its new vehicle.
Engine and Powertrain
Speculations about three variants of engines roam around at this point:-
A 4.7-liter V8 engine powered up to 355 HP and churning out 339 lb-ft of torque cutting through rocks and gravel in its way.
For automobile enthusiasts, a more powerful model will comprise of a 5.5-liter V8 engine generating 382 HP with 391 lb-ft of torque.
For the common humans, the standard V6 turbocharged system will be available. It is expected to generate 201 HP and is sure to be much more fuel economical.
A 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission coupled with 4Matic AWD system will come as standard in all 3 variants of Mercedes Benz GLS 2018. It can leap from 0-60 mph in 4.3 seconds and cover a quarter-mile in 12.8 seconds. The SUV is supposed to have an EPA rating of 22 mpg on highways and 17 mpg in cities.
With speculations of a redesign, Mercedes has got the ears of many eagerly waiting for its new specifications.
- 2018 Mercedes Benz GLS will be more streamlined owing to its need to increase fuel economy and performance.
- It claims of using lighter weight materials in its body and is expected to weigh around 150 lbs lighter than its predecessor.
- A new set of bumpers with larger air intakes will provide better cooling facilities.
- Wheelbase is longer leading to bigger boot space and better legroom.
- Wheel options will include 20,21 and 22-inch options.
- Will include all weather, all terrain tires as standard in all three variants
- Dual exhausts coupled with carbon filters are provided to avoid footprints from exhausts.
- A 7-seater by all means, the new Mercedes Benz GLS 2018 is a 3-row seater and boasts of being covered with classic Nappa leather from inside.
- With an 8-inch infotainment system and the standard 3-spoke steering wheel GLS claims of mounting most control on the wheel.
- Rectangular shaped LED lights in the front and triangular shaped LED lights at its rear end makes for a soothing ambiance within the car.
- Temperature operated heated seats come as standard which keeps its passengers at comfort in every climate.
2018 Mercedes Benz GLS Safety
With adaptive damping options, computerized braking and automatic forward collision warning this vehicle is sure to stand out in its segment. Another useful feature known as Assistance Guidance is provided. Along with this, backup camera, Traction control and 3 rear cameras are provided aiding in parking assist. Daytime running lights and stability control are supposed to be standard on all variants.
Price and Release Date
The 2018 Mercedes Benz GLS is set to give tough competition to BMW X7, Range Rover and Bentley Bentayga. It is expected to be priced around $46,000 to $57,000 and is supposed to hit world market during late 2017 or early 2018.